Having cracked heels does not only affect the beauty of the feet but it also proves to be very painful in some more intensive cases. These cracks on the foot are generally caused by insufficient moisture on the skin. The usual reasons for cracked heels are mainly excessive hot showers, walking barefoot, prolonged standing, age, climate, medical conditions etc.
Here is a list of few of the best possible solutions that would help you to cure this condition.
- Vinegar – half a cup
- Listerine(or you can use any mouthwash) – 1/4 cup
- Warm Water – half a cup
- Mix the ingredients in some basin
- Soak the feet in it for around 10-15 minutes
- Wipe it off with a clean piece of cloth
- Hot water – 4 cups
- Hydrogen Peroxide – 2 cups
- Foot file or pumice stone
- Add hydrogen peroxide to a hot water and soak the feet for around 20-30 minutes.
- Pat them dry with a towel and use foot file in order to remove the dead skin.
- Now, you should apply lotion and cover feet with socks.
- Leave it during the night and wake up with softer feet in the morning.
- Luke warm water
- Vicks VapoRub
- Rub the Vicks VapoRub over the cracked areas of the feet.
- Cover it with socks during the night.
- In the morning, wash the feet properly.
- Then soak your feet by soaking in lukewarm water where you have mixed salt.
- Stay in the bath for about 10 minutes and after a while you will notice the difference.
- Lukewarm Water
- Baking Soda – half a cup
- Vinegar – 1 cup
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Soak your feet in the bath for around 15-20 minutes.
- Pat them dry with clean towel.
- Lemon Juice – 2-3 Tablespoon
- Warm Water – 12 gallons
- Soak the feet in this mixture for about 20 minutes.
- After that, pat them dry.
- Then scrub them with a soft foot brush in order to exfoliate the top layers of the dead skin.
- Repeat this method once every week for a good result, thanks to the lemon juice which is a mild acid.