The table salt is composed of sodium chloride, which is a chemical substance that is a part of a larger class of salts. The sea salt, on the contrary, together with bay and solar salt has been formed from the evaporation of the sea water. This ingredient is very important for the people’s life, and it is consumed every day for cooking. However, the salt can be used in the beauty products as well. It could do miracles to your skin and hair.
Use salt for your hair:
- Anti-dandruff treatment – the dandruff is the layer that is being formed on the scalp form small pieces of dead skin cells. The salt has the ability to stimulate circulation and to also eliminate the dandruff flakes, protecting the scalp from fungal growth. You have to divide the hair into sections and just sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons of salt on the scalp. Then you just need to massage it gently with wet fingers for around 10 minutes. Wash it off as you usually do.
- Anti-oily hair – the oily hair results of excessively active sebaceous glands on your scalp that produce excessive amounts of oil. This issue could be solved with salt. You simply need to add 2-3 tablespoons of it in your shampoo and wash your hair with it. After the first treatment you are going to notice positive results. You are going to have hair without excess oil.
- Hair growth – sea salt is great for increasing the hair growth. In case you suffer from alopecia, a hair loss, then you could use sea salt for natural stimulation of the hair growth. Wash the hair as usually and massage your wet scalp with sea salt for around 10-15 minutes. Finally, you can wash it off. The treatment needs to be repeated twice a week for a period of 2 months.
Use salt for your skin:
- Softening body scrub – you can make a combination of coarse sea salt and 2 teaspoons of coconut oil. Mix them well and then use it to scrub your body gently in circular movements to eliminate all the dead skin cells. Wash your body with a shower gel when you are done scrubbing.
- Face mask – for easily irritable and sensitive skin you can try this mask to soothe your skin and prevent all irritations. It’s going to help you keep oil secretion under control and also hydrate the dry skin areas. You need to mix two tablespoons of sea salt and 4 teaspoons of raw honey, and apply it on dry and clean skin. You should avoid the area around the eyes. Leave the mask to act for 10-15 minutes. Finally, you should rinse it off with warm water.
- Face toner – sea salt is going to penetrate deep into your skin pores deeply and it will clean them. In addition, it will control the production of oil and will also fight bacteria in order to prevent acne. You need to mix one teaspoon of sea salt and 4 oz. of warm water and pour it into some spray bottle. Spray it on previously cleaned and dried skin 1-2 times a day and avoid the area around the eyes.